8DN will use a combination of our own services and the services of referral agencies to either provide or refer you to the following support services:
• Language, Literacy and Numeracy Support
• Studying and Learning Coaching
• English as Second Language Tuition
• Alternative Payment Plan
• Counselling Support
• Disability Access
• Employment Services Referral
If you need support during your course, please approach and inform reception and you will be connected with the best person who can assist you. If the matter is sensitive and you do not feel comfortable discussing it with reception, simply inform reception that you would like to meet with the Office Manager. It is our absolute priority to provide you the support needed to enable you to progress in your study and complete your chosen course. 8DN is committed to our student’s welfare both during and after hours of study.
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are critical to almost all areas of work.
This is particularly true in many vocations where language, literacy and numeracy skills influence the performance of workplace tasks such as measuring, weighing and comprehending written work instructions.
To support this approach 8DN will:
• Assess a learner’s language, literacy and numeracy skills during their enrolment to ensure they have adequate skills to complete the training
• Support learners during their study with training and assessment materials and strategies that are easily understood and suitable to the level of the workplace skills being delivered;
• Provide clear information to learners about the details of the language, literacy and numeracy assistance available. 8 Dimension Education generally recommend the LLN training courses provided by TAFE. These institutes have specialist teachers to support the learner’s development.
• Refer learners to external language, literacy and numeracy support services that are beyond the support available within 8 Dimension Education and where this level of support is assessed as necessary; and
• Negotiate an extension of time to complete training programs if necessary.
8 Dimension Education is committed to providing a fair and transparent complaints and appeals process that includes access to an independent external body if required.
Before making a complaint or lodging an appeal please read our complaints procedure so that you have a clear understanding of the process.
• Complaints and Appeals Procedure Guide - download pdf
To make a complaint or an appeal, you are requested to complete and submit one of the following forms:
• Complaint Form - download pdf
• Request for Appeal of a Decision Form - download pdf
Once you have completed the required form you are requested to submit this to the Operation Training Manager either in hard copy or electronically via email@example.com
If you are having any difficulty accessing the required form or submitting to us, please contact us on 02 8325 0177
During your enrolment, 8DN will deliberately engage with you on a number of occasions. We do this through requesting you to complete enrolment documentation, discussions over the phone, enrolment interview and finally during your orientation.
One of the important objectives of these engagements is to understand what support services you may need to fully participate in your study.
You will be asked various questions about your support needs or your “individual needs”. This is simply the term we use to define what your needs are and this enables us to organise the appropriate support services. Make sure you take the most of this opportunity and let us know if you need support.
Please click on the link below for the appropriate form:
• Student Handbook – download pdf
8 Dimension Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code: 45239) and operates in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015. 8 Dimension Education charge fees for services provided to students undertaking a course of study. These fees are for items such as course materials, administrative support, student services and training and assessment services.
Payment plans are available to assist students to spread the cost of the course using smaller regular payments. These would be established through your nominated bank by a direct debit agreement. Please let us know when submitting your enrolment application if you are interested in establishing a payment plan.
The following payment options are available:
1. Payment can be made via EFT or Credit Card
2. Invoice to student/company – if an invoice is required, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with invoicing details
3. Monthly or weekly payment plans are available. No interest or set-up fees are charged
• Cooling off period – 8DN offers a seven (10) day cooling off period, if a student withdraws within ten days of enrolment a refund of all monies paid less a $250.00 administration fee will apply.
How long do I have to complete?
- The majority of 8DN students are full time employees, often balancing career and lifestyle. Our courses have been designed to accommodate these demands and are all self-paced
- Students are required to complete at least one unit every 90 days
Obtaining a USI